Mac ‘n Cheese
Arguably the highest-tier of comfort food Macaroni and Cheese has a place in the hearts and minds of many in the Western world. Well, it just got a whole more comfortable for the addition of Cannabis into the ingredient list of some truly delicious cheesy pasta. Imagine yourself enjoying a hearty bowl of Macaroni and Cheese, and an hour or so after your dinner you relax on the couch and slowly but surely your THC high lands in on you adding to that fulfilling feeling in your stomach. That’s what we’re offering here today.
First be sure to have your Cannabutter ready, if you haven’t already. Remember, that is 1 pound of unsalted butter and 2 cups of water for every 1 ounce of decarboxylated finely ground cannabis buds and cooked for 3-5 hours on a low simmer stirring every hour. After that simply strain the resulting mess through a cheese cloth or sieve and you’re ready to go. You may change your ingredient amounts as necessary, but keep the ratios the same as this leaves you at about 10mg of THC per one tablespoon of the product which is about a single serving for any user.
Now that your Cannabutter is available the recipe for some delicious Cannabis infused Mac ‘n Cheese is as follows:
- 8 ounces of elbow macaroni (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup or ½ stick of butter
- 9 teaspoons/3 tablespoons of Cannabutter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 ¼ cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of topping – onion sticks, crackers, bread crumbs, or whatever else you may want.
- Now that you have everything together, preheat your oven to 340F/170C and bring a large pot of water to boil for the macaroni and cook according to package directions to al dente.
- Drain your macaronis and rinse them with cold water. Afterwards, pop them back in the pot off the heat and mix together with the vegetable oil then set aside.
- Take a large saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter together over a medium-low heat. Mix in the flour, milk or half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Keep cooking and stirring until it begins to thicken after about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheddar cheese being sure to mix well.
- Add this cheese sauce into the cooled macaroni, being sure to mix this well.
- Now, turn this mixture over into a buttered casserole dish and take your toppings mixed together with the remaining ¼ cup of cheddar and sprinkle evenly over the top of the pasta mixture.
- Bake together until the topping is golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
And there you have it. Enjoy! Remember that we used 9 tsp of Cannabutter in this recipe meaning that we have about 30 mg of THC in the entirety of the pasta. That is enough THC to get three average users to the proper dosage, so as always be patient and use caution!