Cannabis Hot Chocolate
Perfect for a rainy day or a chilly fall or winter night, this Hot chocolate is guaranteed to keep you nice and cozy for hours past its consumption with the addition of a little Cannabis to the ingredients. It’s hard to beat staying warm and comfortable while enjoying your favorite medication on a cool night. Give it a try sometime.
First things first, as always we need to have our Cannabutter ready. If you don’t have it, the recipe ratio is 1 pound unsalted butter, 2 cups of water, and 1 ounce of decarboxylated ground cannabis buds. Melt the butter and mix in the water and Cannabis and cook at a low simmer for 3-5 hours. Strain the resulting green mixture through a cheese cloth or sieve and we’re ready to begin cooking. Remember, you can use less Cannabis but be sure to keep the ratios the same to ensure a 10mg serving of THC for each tablespoon of Cannabutter.
Now that we have our Cannabutter ready, we need to turn some of it into Cannabis-Chocolate Sauce. The ingredients are as follows
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter (1 for a single serving)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Place sugar, flour, and cocoa powder in a bowl and whisk gently until combined.
Alright, ingredients together now it’s time for the instructions:
- In a sauce pot heat your milk on medium-low to medium to get a gentle rolling to begin.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cannabutter and vanilla until completely combined.
- Now, whisk in dry ingredients for about 6 minutes and finish with a pinch of salt.
- Pour in a jar with a tight fitting lid for storage up to two weeks or use immediately
Ok we’re looking good here. We have a nice Cannabis infused chocolate sauce that can be used as-is or poured over icecream or whatever you want. However, we’re talking hot chocolate today and we’ve got a few more steps to go through to get there. The rest of the ingredients are as follows:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of the aforementioned Cannabis-Chocolate Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional garnishment of whipped cream or cinnamon stick
And that’s the rest of the ingredients, the rest of the directions are as follows:
- In sauce pot, heat milk and sugar on medium-low until the sugar is entirely dissolved.
- Heat the milk to a low rolling boil, and then remove from the heat.
- Stir in your previously made Cannabis-Chocolate sauce and the spiced.
- Serve in a large heat-proof mug and top with your garnishments.
There it is, a classic hot chocolate that will keep you nice and warm while buzzin slightly on your favorite Cannabis. As always, watch your use of Cannabis butter and never over-do things. Enjoy!